Sha specialises in M&A transactions and corporate matters.
Being a native Chinese speaker with law degrees from Finland, China and the US and over 10 years of experience practicing law in Finland and China, Sha has an in-depth understanding and significant experience of corporate legal matters in cross-border transactions and cooperation. Sha especially advises the firm’s Chinese and international clientele with legal matters in Finland and its Finnish clientele with legal matters relating to China. Sha has advised on a multitude of major projects covering M&A transactions, investments and complex commercial cooperation between Finland and China. She has also gained wide experience in intellectual property right matters.
Chambers Global has continuously ranked Sha as one of the few foreign corporate/M&A experts based in Finland since 2013.
Sha holds an LL.B. from the Shanghai International Studies University, China, an LL.M. from the University of Helsinki, Finland, and an LL.M. from the Columbia University School of Law. Sha is eligible to practice law also in China.
Sha heads the firm’s China Desk.
- Corporate/M&A – Finland (Foreign Expert for China)
Chambers Global | 2019
“Commitment and flexibility.”
- Advised Liesheng on the acquisition of Suunto from Amer Sports.
- Advised CNGR Advanced Material on the establishment of pCAM battery plant in Finland.
- Advised Huawei Technologies Co Ltd on the spin-off of the smartphone brand Honor in Finland.
- Advised YangShengTang on its investment into Nordic Koivu.
- Advised Qingdao Sifang SRI Intellectual Technology Co. Ltd. (SRI Intellectual) on the acquisition of Beneq Oy.
- Advised Lingyi iTech (Guangdong) in the acquisition of Salcomp Plc.
- Advised Wuxi Lead Intelligent Equipment in its acquisition of JOT Automation.
- Advised HMD Global on USD 100 million financing round.
- Advised in the sale of JOT Automation to Suzhou Victory Precision.
- Advised Finnair Oyj on opening three out of their five air routes to China.
- Advised a number of globally operating Finnish clients in complex contractual arrangements relating to licensing, distribution and other commercial operations in China.
- Advised a number of globally operating Finnish clients in corporate governance issues in China.
- Counsel, Borenius, 2017–
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2014–2017
- Associate, Borenius, 2011–2014
- LL.M., 2021, Columbia University School of Law, New York, US
- Master of Laws, 2010, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Bachelor of Laws, 2008, Shanghai International Studies University, China
- Chinese, English