Teo advises our clients on questions related to capital markets transactions and securities market regulation. He has provided counsel to clients on a wide range of transactions, including IPOs, rights issues, acquisitions, hybrid and bond issuances, and corporate restructuring events. Teo is a globally recognised professional, who has been named an IFLR1000 rising star in the field of debt capital markets.
Teo joined Borenius as an Associate in 2021 from Nasdaq Helsinki where he worked as a lawyer in the Surveillance department. At Nasdaq Helsinki, Teo primarily focused on the regulatory obligations of listed companies and on listing qualifications that protect the integrity of the marketplace.
Before his time at Nasdaq Helsinki, Teo worked as an insurance specialist at LocalTapiola Group, a Finnish insurance company.
- Capital markets (Rising Star)
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2023–
- Associate, Borenius, 2021–2023
- Regulatory Compliance Administrator, Nasdaq Helsinki Oy, 2016–2021
- Insurance Specialist, LocalTapiola Group, 2014
- Insurance Agent, LocalTapiola Group, 2010–2014
- Bar Admission, 2023, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2017, University of Lapland, Finland
- Finnish, English
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Aspo on its partnership with OP Finland Infrastructure to accelerate the green transition of Aspo’s subsidiary ESL Shipping
- Borenius advised Nokian Tyres on the issue of sustainability-linked notes in a nominal amount of EUR 100 million
- Borenius advised Axcel on the sale of Delete Group
- Borenius advised Normet Group Ltd. on its EUR 30 million issue of capital securities and the tender offer of its 2020 capital securities
- Nelli Nurminen and Teo Virtanen Promoted to Senior Associates