Jari advises on banking and finance, M&A and private equity related transactions with particular emphasis on large and medium size deals.
Jari has been involved in numerous large domestic and cross border mergers and acquisitions and frequently represents various domestic and international private equity houses and other companies in transactions. He also acts as a member of the board of directors in many portfolio companies advising on corporate issues.
Chambers Europe & Global
Chambers Europe & Global | 2017
“He is very talented in the way he negotiates a deal. He carries negotiations very well and is well known on the Finnish M&A scene.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2016
“He’s just great, I admire his style. He gets back to me, even in the evenings or at the weekend.”
Chambers Europe | 2015
“I envy him! He is the type of guy who always says yes – he has a can-do attitude. He is very good indeed.”
- Commercial, Corporate & M&A
- Banking, Private equity, M&A
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital (Lawyer of the Year 2016)
- Advised Paroc Group and its owners in a EUR 700 million sale to CVC.
- Advised Elisa Plc in a EUR 100 million acquisition of PPO-companies.
- Advised CapMan and Langholm in the sale of Lumene (a leading cosmetics firm in Finland).
- Advised Pamplona Capital in their acquisitions and sales in Finland.
- Advised 3i in major acquisitions (including Eltel, Fonecta, DNA).
- Senior Partner, Borenius, 2016–
- Managing Partner, Borenius, 2008–2016
- Partner, Borenius, 2001–2008
- Attorney, Borenius, 1998–2001
- Visiting Lawyer, Clifford Chance, London, 1997
- Lawyer, Borenius, 1994–1998
- Bar Admission, 1998, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1994, University of Turku, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish
- Finnish Bar Association
- International Bar Association