Mikko advises on wide range of domestic and international tax issues including direct and indirect taxation. He also has wide experience in advising non-profit organisations. In addition he is specialised in general corporate law, M&A and real estate transactions. He has also participated in private equity fund formation.
Prior to graduating, Mikko worked as a Trainee at Borenius and at another Finnish law firm.
He has served as a chair of the HYY Group board of directors and as a member of the board of directors in several other companies.
International Tax Review
- Tax Controversy Leader
- Indirect Tax Leader
- Advised RE/MAX Finland / REF Real Estate Franchises Oy. We advised REF Finland Oy, the Finnish representative of the world’s biggest real estate agency chain RE/MAX, in various tax matters after the Finnish tax administration challenged their operational model in Finland.
- Advised CapMan Real Estate in tax & legal aspects, relating to its sale of the Yrjönkatu 17 property, to EM Group Oy and Sewatek Oy.
- Advised Stanley Black & Decker, in relation to their international tax asset review project.
- Advised Startup-säätiö in its tax assessment procedure, when the tax authorities challenged the non-profit status of the foundation.
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2013–
- Lawyer, Borenius, 2004–2013
- Bar Admission, 2008, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2004, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish
- The Association of Finnish Lawyers
- The Finnish Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
- Suomen Veroasiantuntijat ry
- Urheiluoikeuden yhdistys