Kristiina advises clients on matters concerning the energy sector and projects as well as in relation to complex contracts, commercial and corporate matters and transactions. Her legal background and energy sector experience enables her to provide excellent commercial advice.
Kristiina joined Borenius in 2015 and has a wealth of relevant knowledge. She worked for 15 years in the energy industry and previously worked as an attorney advising on projects and energy and construction matters.
Her most recent position prior to joining Borenius was working as General Counsel at Fennovoima Oy. Other previous positions include working as General Counsel at Pohjolan Voima Oy and Chief Legal Officer at Foster Wheeler Energia Group. She has substantial experience in drafting and negotiating power plant contracts and in power plant projects having participated in over 300 power plant deals and 100 power plant projects in the fields of conventional power plants, nuclear power plants, wind farms and hydro plants. Before her career in the energy sector, Kristiina worked for six years as an attorney.
- Energy & Natural Resources
Chambers Europe | 2017
“Super practical, knowledgeable and clear and forthcoming in her advice.”
- Senior Advisor, Borenius, 2015–
- General Counsel, Fennovoima Oy, 2012–2015
- Director, Legal, Deloitte Oy, 2011–2012
- General Counsel, Pohjolan Voima Oy, 2009–2011
- Lawyer and Chief Legal Officer, Foster Wheeler Energia Group, 2000–2008
- Attorney-at-Law and Associate in law firms 1992–2000
- Notary, Municipal Court of Hauho, 1993–1994
- Bar Admissions, 2015, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1992, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 1994, Municipal Court of Hauho, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish