Technology – especially information technology – plays an increasingly important role in the operations and functions of businesses and the society. This creates numerous occasions where legal expertise can provide added value in the long run.
Our highly recognised and skilled Technology team is well equipped to advise you on the most demanding technology related assignments. We provide you with practical and strategic advice that will bring extra value for your business and operations.
We are on the top of legal developments in Finland, Europe and around the globe through our extensive international network of law firms. We advise both IT suppliers and customers, which helps us to understand both sides of the table and gives us a strong basis on which to negotiate, implement and review agreements, and – if needed – to provide advice on dispute resolution.
We are here to help your business
Outsourcing its ICT operations is one of the most crucial business decisions a company can make. Outsourcing gives extensive control over the company’s core functions to an external third-party provider, and that requires precision in terms of rules and responsibility.
We work closely with our clients on their demanding outsourcing transactions to build long-lasting, win-win relationships between outsourcing customers and vendors. Our clients trust us to lead the way in all phases of outsourcing, from the planning and preparing of an initial outsourcing strategy and tender documentation to final contract negotiations and implementation.
Our areas of expertise include
- ICT and technology related matters in terms of outsourcing
- Innovative solutions for a variety of business sectors in
- regulated markets, such as healthcare, banking and finance, and telecom; and non-regulated markets, such as consulting, ICT, manufacturing and retail
- Technology sourcing arrangements, such as
- ICT system and software deliveries and implementation;
- cloud computing contracting (including a variety of as a service solutions);
- software and application development projects;
- technology licensing; and
- ongoing ICT service arrangements
- Contractual and regulatory aspects of automation and digitalisation projects
- Disputes that involve
- the interpretation, performance and termination of ICT and technology contracts;
- re-engineering of distressed ICT projects;
- software copyright infringement;
- technology patent litigation; and
- disputes over systems procurement and outsourcing agreements
We work closely and seamlessly together with our firm’s other practice groups to provide comprehensive solutions to our clients. We also help our clients to navigate the nuances of a transaction and understand the dynamics involved in their projects. We work in seamless cross-disciplinary collaboration, for example, with other legal advisors and technical experts.
Our latest recognitions
Our clients are at the heart of what we do, and our achievements are built upon our clients’ success. That is why we are extremely happy to have been entrusted with a broad range of cases.
The Legal 500
“The law firm’s way of working is friendly, humane and very knowledgeable. Large contracts can be handled efficiently and quickly, even if they require knowledge of special legislation.”
The Legal 500
“The team has strong and broad expertise in corporate legal matters for technology/software companies. We’ve been able to rely on their services for a number of different international engagements, both sell side and buy side.”
Our experts are always ready to assist you. See all of our Technology references here.