Energy & Infrastructure
Energy and infrastructure transactions and other projects are influenced by competition and regulation. This makes them complex and requires competence and sector-specific knowledge from the legal advisors. Many of the assignments have high stakes and impact society to a great degree, which requires premium legal advice.
The energy sector in Finland has been changing rapidly during the past years, with increased investments in renewable energy, including wind power in particular, and large transactions regarding energy transmission/distribution networks. This has attracted many foreign investors. In addition, the Finnish public sector’s readiness to implement infrastructure projects through public-private partnerships (PPPs) is increasing.
Borenius’ energy and infrastructure practice has become a focus point of the firm. It delivers the combined legal experience of a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers, together with an in-depth understanding of the various aspects of the energy industry and infrastructure projects.
Borenius’ energy & infrastructure team advises on a wide range of issues for energy and infra-structure clients, including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project development
- Joint Ventures
- Environmental matters
- Regulatory matters
- Public Procurement matters
- Litigation and Arbitration
- Commercial Agreements
- General Corporate matters
Our clients include domestic and foreign energy and other utility companies, project sponsors, private equity investors and financial institutions focusing on energy and infrastructure, government entities, and municipalities, as well as developers and owners of renewable energy sources.
Borenius is ranked as a top tier law firm in the energy & infrastructure sector, and has acted on many of the most complex and cutting edge transactions on the market to date.
Our experts are always ready to assist you. See all of our Energy & Infrastructure references here.
Latest references & news
- Borenius advised Neoen on the acquisition of the 53 MW Lumivaara wind farm and the joint venture regarding the wind farm
- Proposed Directive on Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence – Large Businesses Subject to Value Chain Due Diligence
- Borenius advised CNGR Advanced Material on a joint venture regarding the establishment of a battery plant in Hamina
- Borenius advised OX2 on the EUR 650 million divestment of the Lestijärvi wind farm to a Finnish energy consortium