Åsa advises in the field of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property law, marketing law and commercial contracts. She has an extensive experience in strategic IP management, complex franchising, licensing and distribution arrangements and she continuously advices major international clients on trademark, design, anti-counterfeiting, and unfair business practice related questions and disputes.
Åsa serves as a Vice President of the Finnish Association for Industrial Property Rights and she is actively involved in the INTA Internet Committee and the Finnish Franchising Association. She has contributed to national and international publications in the field of intellectual property, advertising law, franchising and commercial contracts.
Åsa is regarded in various international publications as one of the leading legal experts in Finland in the field of intellectual property, trademarks, anti-counterfeiting, commercial contracts and franchising.
Åsa is appointed a member of the working group for a full revision of the current Trademark Act (7/1964). The Ministry of Employment and the Economy has appointed the working group on 22 June 2016.
CHAMBERS EUROPE & GLOBAL
Chambers Europe & Global | 2018
“Skilful and experienced.”
“People-oriented and extremely friendly.”
Chambers Europe | 2017
“She has a very good ability to explain things so that a non-lawyer can understand, as sometimes the issues can be quite complicated.”
ILO’s Client Choice Awards 2016
- Exclusive winner of the 2016 General Corporate Category for Finland
ILO’s Client Choice Awards | 2016
“She has in-depth knowledge and gives excellent guidance on all general corporate matters.”
“She stays close to her clients, which allows her to give clear guidance on various matters.”
“She explains matters clearly to clients who are outside of the legal field.”
“Ms Krook is one of the best examples of Borenius Attorneys Ltd’s capacity to serve companies on a large scale.”
Who’s Who Legal
IAM Patent 1000
- Patent Transactions
- Trademarks: Anti-counterfeiting
- Trademarks: Enforcement and litigation
WTR1000 | 2016
“Diligent and very competent lawyer, with first-rate communication skills and follow-through.“
Legal 500 | 2016
“Extremely service-minded and professional.”
Managing Intellectual Property: IP Stars
- IP Star
- Advised Finnish dairy company Valio in the sale of its starter culture ingredients business to Chr. Hansen, including ingredient rights, patents, and know-how related to the world’s most researched probiotic bacterium, LGG®.
- Advised Kesko Food in the negotiations of a master license to the Starbucks concept and the drafting of agreements pertaining to the operation of Starbucks coffee shops in the grocery chain in Finland.
- Advised Burger King in connection with its establishment on the Finnish market.
- Advised Kesko and its Russian subsidiary Johaston in the negotiations with Intersport on a master license in Russia for the Athlete’s Foot sport retail concept.
- Advises international brand owners such as the Pernod Ricard Group in trademark portfolio management and strategies, contentious IP matters and commercial contracts.
- Coordinates and assists well-known brand owners from various industries in cross border enforcement and disputes on counterfeit and pirated goods.
- Partner, Borenius, 2014–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2011–2013
- Senior Advisor, Borenius, 2010–2011
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2006–2010
- Attorney at law, Forum Partners Attorneys, 2004–2006
- Legal Counsel, KPMG, 2001–2004
- Legal Counsel, Canon Europa B.V. 1998–2000
- Legal Counsel, Rakennus Lemminkäinen, 1997
- Trainee District Judge, District Court of Parainen, 1995–1996
- Lawyer, Keijo Heinonen Attorneys, 1994–1995
- Bar Admission, 2004, Helsinki, Finland
- LL.M., 1998, Amsterdam University, the Netherlands
- Trained on the bench, 1996, District Court of Parainen, Finland
- Master of laws, 1994, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Swedish, Finnish, English