Seppo advises on intellectual property and dispute resolution related questions. Seppo also specialises in legal issues related to associations and foundations.
Seppo has handled major disputes in the fields of contract law, torts, directors’ liability, patents and copyright. In addition, he has served on numerous occasions as a mediator and an arbitrator in major commercial disputes. He has advised labour market organisations and other significant associations and foundations. His advice has proven to be very valuable in various questions concerning university foundations.
Seppo lectures widely on different fields of law and has held a number of professional positions of trust in the Finnish Bar Association, Helsinki Bar Association and the Association of Finnish Lawyers. He also serves in the boards of directors of various foundations and associations.
The President of the Republic has granted Seppo the Finnish honorary title of laamanni. After serving previously as a Partner, Seppo serves currently as an of Counsel at Borenius.
IAM Patent 1000
- Patent Litigation (Luminaries)
- Arbitration & Mediation
- IP (Lawyer of the Year 2016)
Managing Intellectual Property: IP Stars
- IP Star
- Of Counsel, Borenius, 2010
- Board Member, Borenius, 2006–2010
- Chairman of the board, Borenius, 2003–2006
- Partner, Borenius, 1982–2010
- Associate, Borenius, 1977–1982
- City Court of Lapua and Court of Appeals of Eastern Finland, 1975–1976
- Bar Admission, 1978, Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 1976, Lapua district court, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1975, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish