Jorma advises our clients on capital markets transactions and financial markets regulation. He has extensive experience in international securities markets and capital markets in a cross-border environment and in-depth understanding on post-trade industry and its regulation. Jorma’s key competence areas also include EU securities market regulation, corporate governance, company law, contract law, and IT&IPR.
Jorma joined Borenius in 2018, and before that he worked as Director of Euroclear Group’s Legal Division in London providing legal and regulatory support to Euroclear group’s global innovation team. His assignments involved numerous FinTech and RegTech initiatives. Jorma has also actively contributed to the legal industry’s efforts to utilise blockchain technology through in-depth legal analysis of the said technology and of any applicable legal and regulatory requirements that affect technology with various potential applications in the financial industry.
Jorma was also a member of the Finnish Ministry of Finance’s working group reforming the Finnish Securities Markets Legislation and he has attended actively in several other legislative working groups.
Chambers | 2020
“An exceptional lawyer.”
“His ability to look at the bigger picture and look for solutions from a legal standpoint was a large strength.”
- Counsel, Borenius, 2018–
- Head of CEO Office, Euroclear, 2017–2018
- Director – Group Legal, Euroclear, 2015–2017
- Head of Nordic Legal & Public Affairs, Euroclear, 2013–2015
- Head of Nordic Legal Affairs, Euroclear, 2010–2013
- Head of Legal & compliance team, Euroclear Finland, 2006–2010
- Legal Counsel, NasdaqOMX and Euroclear Finland, 2004–2006
- Executive MBA, Aalto University Business School, 2013
- M.Sc. (Econ) Student, Turku School of Economics, 2003
- Master of Law, University of Turku, 2003
- Finnish, English, Swedish