Mikko advises our clients on banking and finance and debt capital markets. Mikko has extensive experience in various types of financing transactions, particularly in syndicated loans, acquisition finance, real estate finance, asset finance, project finance, financial restructurings and bond issues. Mikko has acted as secretary to the working group preparing a Government proposal on legislation concerning bondholder representatives, and he has also been actively involved in the working group initiated by the Confederation of Finnish Industries for the development of the Finnish bond market.
Mikko has published several articles in his fields of expertise, and he is currently pursuing a doctorate in law at the University of Helsinki. In addition to his law degree, Mikko has completed a M.Sc. (Econ.) degree at the Aalto University School of Business. Mikko holds also an LL.M. degree from Columbia Law School, where he was recognised as a Harlan Fiske Stone scholar for outstanding academic achievement.
Mikko is recognised as one of the leading experts in banking and finance and debt capital markets in Finland by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, and IFLR1000.
Mikko co-heads the firm’s debt capital markets practice.
Chambers Europe & Global
- Banking & Finance
Chambers Europe & Global | 2020
Chambers Europe & Global | 2019
“Really good legal knowledge.”
The Legal 500
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
The Legal 500 | 2019
“A real star when it comes to finance law; there is no question to which he could not give an analytical answer.”
- Banking, Capital markets: Debt
- Counsel, Borenius, 2018–
- Finance Counsel, Roschier, Attorneys Ltd, 2015–2018
- Counsel, Castren & Snellman Attorneys Ltd, 2014–2015
- Senior Associate, Castrén & Snellman Attorneys Ltd, 2011–2014
- Legal Counsel (Secondee), OP Corporate Bank plc (then Pohjola Bank plc), 2011
- Associate, Castren & Snellman Attorneys Ltd, 2008–2011
- Associate, Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, 2006–2008
- Bar Admission, 2010, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2006, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration, 2003, Aalto University School of Business, Finland
- LL.M. (Harlan Fiske Stone scholar), 2019, Columbia University in the City of New York
- Finnish, English