Sami is part of our EU & Competition Law team advising both companies and public entities. Sami is an experienced litigant in disputes before the Court of Justice of the European Union. He advises clients on competition law, especially in complex State Aid cases, and on questions related to the application of EU law.
Sami joined Borenius in 2019, and before that he served as a Legal Counsellor in the EU Litigation unit at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and as a Senior Adviser in the Competition Policy unit at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment. He has independently argued dozens of cases before the Court of Justice of the European Union covering a large variety of different areas of EU law.
- Counsel, Borenius, 2019–
- Legal Counsellor, Ministry for Foreign Affairs, 2012–2019
- Legal Officer, Ministry for Foreign Affairs, 2010–2012
- Senior Adviser, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, 2006–2010
- Trainee District Judge, District Court of Mikkeli, 2005–2006
- Court training, 2006, District Court of Mikkeli
- Master of Laws, 2004, University of Turku, Finland
- Finnish, English